Wood fences in Manchester, NH
Why are wood fences a good choice?
Wood fences offer homeowners versatile and timeless styles that stand the test of time. From natural looks to painted or stained designs, these fencing options are not only aesthetically pleasing but also durable. It serves as a great option for any home. Because of these reasons, wood continues to remain as one of the most popular fence choices on the market today.
Wood fence is a beautiful, eco-friendly option
Unlike other fence materials, wood is the only one that is truly a renewable resource. Trees are harvested for lumber, lumber is used to build fences, and after its useful life, it can be naturally decomposed. Because of this, wood fences will always be the most eco-friendly fence you can opt for. The best part is, the benefits extend far more than for environmental reasons. It is also affordable, durable, and versatile.
Fence Company Manchester NH provides top quality wood fences
What type of wood fence is right for me?
When it comes to choosing the type of wood material, the decision is ultimately yours. But if you're looking for something long lasting and low-maintenance that resists pests and damage from weather elements, cedar wood fencing may just be your preferred solution. Cedar wood is sturdy and does warp. However, it is prone to rot if it is in direct contact with soil and water. We make sure to put a proper base like concrete when installing wood fences.
Another factor to consider is the level of privacy and security you need. If privacy is the highest priority, then we will almost always recommend a solid board fence or other styles that minimize visibility. Depending on whether you need the fence for your front or backyard, we may also use taller fences to add even more privacy.
Overall, there are many considerations before building a fence. That is what we are here for. Call us for a consultation and let us help you decide what is the best style for you.
What is so good about a wood fence?
There are a number of reasons to use wood fences. It is very versatile and affordable making it one of the most popular types of fences. Here are some reasons to use wood fence:
- Budget friendly: Wood fences often come at a more affordable price compared to its alternatives such as metal or vinyl.
- Withstand harsh weather: With proper maintenance, wood fences can last many years even with tough conditions that come with the seasons.
- Will not go out of style: This is a classic option that will remain in fashion for many decades.
- Variety of colors: Wood fences can come in many colors and can be repainted with another color at any time.
How do I estimate the cost of a wood fence?
Estimating the cost of a wood fence isn't as difficult as it may seem. It's a matter of breaking down the project into its main components and assigning a cost to each one. Here are a few steps you can take to come up with a rough estimate.
- Determine the Fence Length: You'll need to measure the perimeter of the area you wish to enclose with your fence. Remember that the total length of your fence will directly influence the cost of materials and labor. This measurement is usually in linear feet, a standard unit in the fencing industry.
- Select the Wood Material: Determine the type of wood you want to use. The cost varies depending on the wood species. Common choices are pine, cedar, and redwood, each with its unique price point. Also, take into account the design of the fence. A simple picket fence will be less expensive than a tall privacy fence with intricate detailing.
- Choose the Fence Style: Decide on the type and style of wood fence you prefer. Common options include picket, privacy, and post-and-rail fences. Each style has its own material and labor requirements, which will influence the overall cost. Different wood species have varying costs and qualities. Popular choices for wood fences include cedar, pine, and redwood. Consider your budget, desired aesthetics, and durability when selecting the wood material.
- Determine the Number of Posts: Calculate the number of fence posts needed based on the length of the fence and the recommended spacing between posts. Typically, posts are installed every 6 to 8 feet along the fence line.
- Estimate Additional Materials: Apart from posts and boards, factor in the cost of concrete for securing the posts, nails or screws for assembly, and any necessary hardware like gate hinges and latches.
- Labor Costs: If you plan to hire a professional fence company, factor in the cost of labor. Labor costs can vary based on the complexity of the project, site conditions, and local rates. Most times, it makes more sense to outsource this work. Get in contact with our team and get a free estimate.